Absolutely! We will reimburse the administrative transfer fee on investment transfers that are greater than $5,000 in value. Institutions typically charge $50-$150 in administrative transfer fees.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Wealthsimple doesn't reimburse Deferred Sales Charges (DSC fees), Low Load Fees (LL fees), trading fees, commission fees, or account closure fees.
- Multiple partial transfer fees for one account will not be accommodated.
- Transfer fee reimbursement doesn't apply to advisor-referred clients who pay Wealthsimple preferential fees.
- If you are requesting multiple fee reimbursements, please fill out the survey for each individual transfer.
- We process these requests weekly so you can expect to see your fee reimbursed within 10 business days. The reimbursement will show up in your account activity as a "Refund".
- You won't receive an email notification from us when the reimbursement has been processed but feel free to check out your account after our promised timeline and you'll see that the credit has been applied.
- If we need anything else from you in order to get your reimbursement processed, we'll be sure to reach out!