The dropdown list on the Add a Bank Page contains institutions that support instant verification using your online banking login. If your bank isn't listed or if you'd prefer to verify your bank without using your online banking login, you can link your bank manually by choosing the "I'm with another bank" option on the Add Bank Page.
You'll need the following details:
Institution Number (3 digits)
Transit Number (5 digits)
Account Number (7-11 digits)
All of these can be found on one of your cheques as shown in this image:
These details can also be found on your online banking session, or by asking a representative at your bank.
You'll also need to upload a bank document. If you're opening a registered account (RRSP, TFSA, LIRA), you can upload one of the following:
- Void cheque or direct deposit form
- A bank statement
- A screenshot of your online banking showing your full name, bank logo, transit number and account number (note that the screenshot cannot have been altered in any way)
If you're opening a non-registered account (personal or joint account), you can upload one of the following:
- The front and back of a cleared cheque (a cheque that has been used in a transaction)
- A complete bank statement (include all pages in full)
- A screenshot of your online banking showing you full name, bank logo, transit number and account number (note that the screenshot cannot have been altered in any way)
Your document will be reviewed within 72 hours of upload. Once the review is complete, your bank account will be approved and any deposits you have pending will be processed.
If you require any further assistance linking your bank please contact support.