Yes, our contribution tracking may not reflect your actual contribution room if you answered questions incorrectly, have special circumstances that impacts your contribution room (like living or working outside of Canada between 2009 and now), or hold registered accounts outside of Wealthsimple. In the end, it's your responsibility to keep track of your remaining contribution room and our feature only serves as a guide to help you get a sense of your remaining room before adding more funds.
- How do I set up TFSA and RRSP contribution tracking?
- Does the tracking feature take into account my contribution room including all my scheduled contributions?
- If I have multiple TFSAs or RRSPs at Wealthsimple, does the tracking feature keep track of all my TFSAs together?
- Is it my responsibility to keep track of how much I contribute to my TFSA or RRSP (and make sure I don't over contribute)?
- Does the tracking feature keep track of contributions to accounts outside of Wealthsimple?