Wealthsimple asks clients to verify bank accounts to make funds transfers to and from Wealthsimple.
There are three ways to verify your TD chequing or savings account with Wealthsimple:
- A PDF of a full Bank Statement
- Image of a Void Cheque
- Login to your TD Online Banking (EasyWeb)
- Go to the left hand side of the page and click 'Statements & Documents'.
- If a bank statement from the account you wish to transfer funds from is listed under 'Your most recent notifications', click on it and proceed to Step 5. Otherwise, under 'Get statements by account', choose the bank account you wish to transfer funds from. Click Ok.
- Choose the Start Date and End Date for the period of time in which you are likely to have had a bank statement produced. Click Ok.
- Click on a statement. Save the full bank statement.
- Upload it to your Wealthsimple account!
Note: Transit Numbers are always 5 digits long. The last digit may be omitted on your bank statement, however this digit simply represents your location:
0=BC / YT , 1= West QC, 2=ON, 3=NS, PEI, Newfoundland, 4=NB, East QC, Labrador, 6= East ON, 7=MB / NW ON, 8=SK, 9=AB / NT / NU
To upload a void cheque to Wealthsimple, please take one of your existing cheques and write VOID across the cheque. Next, scan the cheque to your computer (or take a photo of it) and upload it to your Wealthsimple account.