All income activities (dividends, interest earned, and realized gains and/or losses) are taxable within non-registered accounts such as Personal accounts, Joint accounts, Corporate accounts, and Smart Savings accounts. This means it's important to consider what sort of taxes you could be liable for before liquidating or moving assets held within a non-registered account.
Personal, Joint, Smart Savings, and Corporate Account Taxes
- Tax Slips & What you need them for
- Tax Considerations
- How do tax implications & tax slips work for Joint accounts?
- Does Wealthsimple provide Adjusted Cost Base information?
- What are the tax implications of moving money from a non-registered account to a registered account?
- Why did I receive a tax slip in the mail?