Wealthsimple’s Roundup feature allows you to “round up” settled purchases you make from your Cash card to the nearest dollar. We then transfer the difference to the same account that your Cash rewards go to, allowing you to add a little bit of money to your investments every time you make a purchase.
Let’s say you make a purchase for $4.25 on a coffee using your Cash card.
- You already have Roundup turned on for your Cash account
- Your Cash rewards have been set up to go to your stock & ETFs trading account
In this example, we round up your purchase to $5.00 and put $0.75 into your stock and ETFs trading account.
- Before you can set up Roundup, you must have your Cash rewards set up to either your stock or crypto trading account.
- There are no fees for using Roundup for your Cash account
- You can expect us to transfer funds from Roundup into your rewards account as soon as the transaction has settled
- Roundup will take into account purchases made from your physical card and your virtual card
- If you don’t have enough money in your account to round up your purchase to the nearest dollar, your purchase will not Roundup
Manage the Roundup settings for your Cash account
To set up or turn off Roundup for your Cash account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Wealthsimple mobile app
- Tap the Card icon at the bottom of your screen
- Select the Card icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Tap the Roundup your spending menu item
- Here, you can toggle Enable Roundup on or off to allow or stop your Cash card purchases from being rounded up
Please sign in to leave a comment.