Wealthsimple Stocks, ETFs & Crypto is a self-directed investment platform with two different kinds of accounts - trading accounts and Crypto accounts.
- Trading accounts allow you to use our self-directed investment platform. You can buy and sell thousands of stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) on major Canadian and U.S. exchanges. There are no trading commissions and no account minimums.
- Crypto accounts are a simple and secure way to buy and sell cryptocurrencies through a personal (non-registered) account
Get started with Wealthsimple Stocks, ETFs & Crypto
- Download the Wealthsimple mobile app on the App Store or Google Play store
- Set up your profile
- Open an account
- Make a deposit
The fee structure differs between standard trading accounts and Crypto accounts. Click below to read more about fees for each account type —
What’s the difference between Wealthsimple Stocks, ETFs & Crypto and other Wealthsimple products?
- Wealthsimple Managed Investing is an automated investing service that manages your investments for you using a personalized portfolio of low-fee exchange-traded funds
- Wealthsimple Cash is a peer-to-peer payment platform for instantly sending money to friends and family
- Wealthsimple Tax is an easy way to file your tax return online
Will Wealthsimple Stocks, ETFs & Crypto offer me any advice on which assets to buy & sell?
Wealthsimple and Wealthsimple employees will not be able to offer Wealthsimple Stocks, ETFs & Crypto clients any advice or recommendations around which assets to buy and sell (or the timing of when to buy or sell them). Wealthsimple Stocks, ETFs & Crypto is an entirely self-directed platform, so clients are responsible for their investment activities.
If you're looking to learn more about the Stocks, ETFs & Crypto platform or have some general questions, you can reach out to our support team for assistance.
How does Wealthsimple protect my account?
We use state-of-the-art data encryption and two-factor authentication (2FA) to keep your accounts safe and secure.
Wealthsimple Stocks, ETFs & Crypto is offered by Wealthsimple Investments Inc. Wealthsimple Investments Inc. is a member of the Canadian Investment Regulatory Organization (CIRO). Customer accounts held at Wealthsimple are protected by CIPF in the event Wealthsimple becomes insolvent.