Wealthsimple Trade is a self-directed investment platform with two different kinds of accounts - Trade accounts and Crypto accounts.
- Trade accounts allow you to use our self-directed investment platform. You can buy and sell thousands of stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) on major Canadian and U.S. exchanges. There are no trading commissions and no account minimums.
- Crypto accounts are a simple and secure way to buy and sell cryptocurrencies through a personal (non-registered) account
Get started with Wealthsimple Trade
- Download the Wealthsimple Trade mobile app on the App Store or Google Play store
- Set up your profile
- Open an account
- Make a deposit
The fee structure differs between standard Trade accounts and Crypto accounts. Click below to read more about fees for each account type —
What’s the difference between Wealthsimple Trade and other Wealthsimple products?
- Wealthsimple Invest is an automated investing service that manages your investments for you using a personalized portfolio of low-fee exchange-traded funds
- Wealthsimple Cash is a peer-to-peer payment platform for instantly sending money to friends and family
- Wealthsimple Tax is an easy way to file your tax return online
Will Wealthsimple Trade offer me any advice on which assets to buy & sell?
Wealthsimple and Wealthsimple employees will not be able to offer Wealthsimple Trade clients any advice or recommendations around which assets to buy and sell (or the timing of when to buy or sell them). Wealthsimple Trade is an entirely self-directed platform, so clients are responsible for their investment activities.
If you're looking to learn more about the Trade platform or have some general questions, you can reach out to our support team for assistance.
How does Wealthsimple protect my account?
We use state-of-the-art data encryption and two-factor authentication (2FA) to keep your accounts safe and secure.
Wealthsimple Trade is offered by Canadian ShareOwner Investments Inc. (ShareOwner). ShareOwner is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada. Customer accounts held at ShareOwner are protected by CIPF in the event ShareOwner becomes insolvent.