The second step of your pension transfer will be to complete the T2151 form. It's important that you select the correct link below, as we've highlighted specific areas you'll need to fill out based on your pension type.
Please choose the correct option below:
- Only Registered Pension Plan (RPP) or Defined Contribution Plan (DCPP)
- Only Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Both RPP/DCPP and DPSP
On the Docusign template, fill out all required fields labelled in red. Here are some hints that might make this process easier:
- Employer's name and address should be your previous employer (ie. not your current employer).
- By using the documents supplied by your pension provider enter your:
- CRA registration number - If you cannot find the CRA registration number, enter '0.'
- Plan number - You may also see some numbers labelled as “Account number”, please disregard this and input the number labelled as “Plan number.”
- Find your Wealthsimple account number by logging into your profile and visiting the My Documents page. From there you will find your account number under 'account agreements'.
- If you're transferring locked funds: Make sure to enter the account number for your LIRA, not your RRSP!
- Sign and submit.
- Download and upload the completed form to this secure link.
After completing the T2151 form, please make sure you've finished Step 1. How to set up your pension transfer on Wealthsimple. It's important that you complete this step so we can keep track of your transfer!
If you received a Termination Package from your pension provider, then please proceed to Step 3. How to complete your Termination Package.
If not, congratulations on setting up your transfer! Our team will be in touch with your financial institution to get the transfer process started. Please keep in mind that pension transfers can take 3-6 weeks — we'll reach out if we require any further details from you!
If you have any questions, please create a request for our support team!