We understand that e-signatures are not perfect, but they help speed up the transfer process. If you notice that the signature on your transfer form is drastically different from your regular signature, then it is possible that your financial institution may reject our request.
We have found that the following financial institutions are most likely to reject transfers due to a signature mismatch:
- London Life
What do I do if the signature on my transfer form doesn't match my typical signature?
To prevent your transfer from being rejected, you can follow the instructions below to submit an ink signature.
- Login to Wealthsimple account and click on the account you are attempting to transfer.
- Click 'View transfer form' beside the transfer request.
- Download and print the transfer form.
- Sign and date in ink beside e-signature.
- Log in to Wealthsimple account and upload the signed transfer form to this secure link.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Transfer - Ink Signature Uploaded”
TIP: If you don't have access to a scanner, we would recommend Genius Scan. It's a free app that allows you to scan documents from your phone!
Is there anything else that I can keep in mind when transferring my funds?
To ensure the success of your transfer, feel free to check out the other help articles. If you have any additional questions, please submit a request and we would be happy to help!