Please read these Terms and Conditions and take note of the following:
Terms & Conditions - Wealthsimple Winter Refer a Friend Campaign
The Promotion begins on December 5th, 2018 at 12:00AM ET and ends on April 12th, 2019 at 11:59PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Wealthsimple Winter Refer a Friend Campaign is intended for use by Wealthsimple Inc. (“Wealthsimple”) clients (each a “Client”) to refer their friends (each an “Applicant”). By doing so, Clients who refer Applicants, and Applicants who apply for a Wealthsimple account, hereby agree to the terms and conditions outlined below:
Qualify Account Types
Wealthsimple Inc. Cash (Individual or Joint), Corporate, RRIF, Spousal RRIF, RRSP, Spousal RRSP, Smart Savings (each a “Qualifying Account”).
For greater certainty, account types not listed here do not qualify for the promotion.
How to Qualify
A Client who has a minimum of $250 in a Wealthsimple Account when the Client referred each Applicant and throughout the applicable Holding Periods (defined below) will each receive a Cash Reward (as described below) if:
- The Client refers three Applicants to Wealthsimple, using the email address associated with the Client's Wealthsimple account;
- The Applicants apply for and open a new Wealthsimple account that is a Qualifying Account (the “Promotion Account”);
- The Applicants deposits, within 90 days of the online referral, a minimum $250 CDN in the Promotion Account (the “Minimum Balance”) and the Client has the Minimum Balance in a Wealthsimple Account; and
- The Client and Applicants each maintain the applicable Minimum Balance in the Promotion Account for 90 days after funding the Qualifying Account (the “Holding Period”).
Provided the Client qualifies for the Cash Reward, the applicable cash reward will be deposited into the Client account within 45 days after the end of the Holding Period.
|Client's friends invest||Number of Referrals||Client's referral bonus|
|$250+ (Net New Assets)||3||$500|
If the Applicant’s net new assets fall below the applicable Minimum Balance (during the Holding Period) due to withdrawals on any of their accounts, the Client will not qualify for the Cash Reward. If during the Holding Period, the Applicant’s net new assets fall below the Minimum Balance due to market fluctuations, the Client will still be eligible for the Cash Reward.
By accepting these terms and conditions:
- when the Client refers an Applicant, the Client hereby acknowledges and agrees that the requirements listed herein will allow the Applicant to know that the Client has received a Cash reward;
- when the Applicant applies for a Qualifying Account, the Applicant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the requirements listed herein will allow the Client to know that the Applicant has opened a Qualify Account; made a deposit within a certain range, has or has not maintained the deposit for the required time period, and has received a Cash Reward.
By participating in this promotion the Client and each Applicant hereby consent to this disclosure of their personal information for this limited purpose. If Wealthsimple does not pay a Cash Reward as a result of the requirements listed herein not being met, the Client is not entitled to know the specific reason for the Client and Applicant’s ineligibility to receive a Cash Award.
- A Client may refer more than one Applicant and may receive cash in respect of each Applicant that meets the terms and conditions listed herein. No more than one Cash Reward can be awarded to the Client in respect of a referral to an Applicant and if an Applicant opens more than one Qualifying Account only one of those accounts is eligible for a Cash Reward.
- Applicants must not be an existing Wealthsimple account holder at the time the Client made the referral.
- Net new assets are cash sourced from a non-Wealthsimple account. The Promotion Account cannot be funded by transferring funds directly or indirectly from another account within Wealthsimple. This will be tracked from the beginning of the Promotion Period (December 5, 2018) through to the end of the Holding Period.
- If the Client has more than one Qualifying Account linked to the email address used to refer the Applicant, we will use the following criteria in the order listed below to select the account that the Client will receive their Cash Reward:
- Cash accounts will be selected over registered Qualifying Accounts;
- The Qualifying Account with the most recent opening date will be selected; and
- If more than one Qualifying Account is opened on the same date, the account with the lower account number will be selected
- Deposits by the Applicant that are split across more than one account will not be considered for eligibility (e.g. $150 in a RRSP plus $100 in a non-registered account).
- Withdrawals across any of the Applicant's Wealthsimple accounts during the Holding period will be deducted from their Net New Assets. If any such withdrawals cause the Applicant's Net New Assets to drop below the minimum threshold, the Client will not qualify for the Cash Reward.
- If during the Holding Period, the Applicant's net new assets fall below the Minimum Balance due to market fluctuations, the Client will still be elgible for the Cash Reward.
- This Refer a Friend offer may be combined with other offers.
- The Applicant's Promotion Account must be in good standing throughout the Holding Period. If during the Holding Period the Promotion Account has, during the Holding Period: (a) been in a debit position, (b) had outstanding documentation or other items, the Promotion Account may be deemed ineligible, in our sole discretion. No outstanding documentation or any other outstanding items should be pending on your Promotion Account during the Holding Period.
- Wealthsimple may cancel, revise, or change the terms of the Promotion (including the Promotion Period) at any time.
- There may be tax implications to the Cash Rewards. For registered accounts, no tax receipt will be issued for a Cash Reward. If you require tax advice, please contact your personal tax advisor.
- Wealthsimple employees and their immediate family members living in the same household are not eligible. No exceptions will be made.
Other restrictions may apply.
We can update these terms at any time without prior notice. If we modify these terms, we will post the modification on the Wealthsimple website, applications, or services, which are effective upon posting. Continued participation in the Referral Program after any modification shall constitute consent to such modification.