Before signing your transfer form, it is important to check that the account number matches the details at your bank. If there is a discrepancy, then your bank will reject the request, which can delay the transfer.
To prevent this from happening, you can follow the instructions below.
- Download your account statement from your current institution.
- Locate the account number on your statement by following these useful tips:
- Do not enter your “Client ID”. This is not the same as your account number.
- If you see multiple account numbers on your statement, you'll want to use the “plan” or “policy” number.
- Your funds may be held at an underlying fund company. If you notice another account number next to security you're invested in, then please upload your account statement and email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate further and help set up your transfer.
- Compare the account number on your statement to the one located on the transfer form we've created for you.
If the information matches - Please proceed to e-sign the transfer form. Once signed, we'll have this sent to your institution.
If the information does not match - Cancel the transfer request and reinitiate the transfer. If your transfer is already in progress, then upload your account statement and contact our support team here so we can amend the form on your behalf.
Is there anything else that I can keep in mind when transferring my funds?
From our experience, clients will enter their chequing account as opposed to their investment account. There are different ways to fund your account, and luckily setting up a deposit is much easier. Click here to learn more about this process!
To ensure the success of your transfer, feel free to check out the other help articles. If you have any additional questions, submit a request and we would be happy to help!