The Halal Growth Portfolio consists of 50 stocks, which are a subset of the MSCI ACWI Islamic Index. MSCI selects the 50 stocks from the ACWI index to mimic the characteristics of the index. In the Halal Growth Portfolio, we’ve simulated performance with a recommended 20% cash holding; 80% of the portfolio, therefore, consists of 50 stocks and the other 20% is in cash. This portfolio is designed for an individual with medium-to-high risk tolerance. If you can bear market fluctuations with relative ease and understand that there will be periods of poor performance, this portfolio is for you.
We've modelled the Halal Growth portfolio below. This portfolio has grown by 22.1% (net of fees) since its launch on August 23rd, 2017, to December 31, 2019.
To see all of the stocks included in the Halal Portfolio, please check this link.