We're excited to announce we're incorporating the following new holdings in our portfolios: minimum volatility equities (mini-vol), global equity funds, inflation-linked bonds, longer-duration bonds, and tax-efficient bond funds.
iShares Edge MSCI Min Vol Global ETF (ACWV)
- ACWV provides clients with exposure to a basket of global equity holdings with lower volatility characteristics relative to a market-cap-weighted index. Greater than 50% of investment exposure is geographically located in the USA with remaining fund exposure located in Japan, Switzerland, Hong Kong, and Canada, among other countries. ACWV comprises 10% of client holdings across the Conservative, Balanced, and Growth risk profiles.
iShares Edge MSCI Min Vol Emerging Markets ETF (EEMV)
- EEMV provides clients with exposure to a basket of emerging-market equity holdings having lower volatility characteristics relative to a market-cap-weighted index. The fund is geographically composed of equities located in China, India, South Korea, and Taiwan, among other countries. EEMV comprises between 10% - 15% of client holdings across Conservative, Balanced, and Growth risk profiles.
iShares Core MSCI EAFE IMI Index ETF (XEF)
- XEF is a Canadian dollar listed ETF holding over 1,500 stocks from Asia, Australia, and Europe. XEF is held in client TFSA and non-registered accounts to prevent withholding tax from being applied to the dividend distributions paid out by a US dollar equivalent fund. The allocation to XEF ranges from 7.5% to 20% across Conservative, Balanced, and Growth risk profiles.
Fixed Income Holdings
BMO Long Federal Bond Index ETF (ZFL)
- ZFL is a long duration bond fund that invests in a basket of fixed income holdings issued or guaranteed by the Government of Canada. ZFL makes up 15% - 20% of client holdings across most Growth, Balanced and Conservative risk profiles.
BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG)
- ZAG invests clients in a basket of provincial, federal, and corporate Canadian debt. A larger portion of investment return in ZAG is paid via monthly distributions. ZAG is held in client registered accounts as monthly distributions are sheltered or exempt from paying tax from monthly fund distributions. ZAG makes up between 15 - 35% of portfolio holdings across Conservative and Balanced risk profiles.
BMO Discount Bond Index ETF (ZDB)
- ZDB invests clients in a basket of discounted provincial, federal, and corporate Canadian debt. It is designed to be held in non-registered accounts in client Balanced and Conservative portfolios. The fund distributions are designed to be tax efficient with a lower portion of investment returns originating from bond coupon payments.
Mackenzie US TIPS Index ETF (CAD-Hedged) (QTIP)
- QTIP provides exposure to a basket of U.S. inflation-protected bonds. This holding constitutes 5 - 15% of client holdings across most Growth, Balanced, and Conservative risk profiles.