In some cases, income earned from trading can be considered to be 'business income' which is eligible to be taxed by the CRA. The CRA does not have a limit of an acceptable number of trades that you can make within a TFSA, but they reserve the right to audit the activities within your account if it appears that individuals are engaging in inappropriate trading activities (i.e. if it appears that you are attempting to earn your living by trading in your TFSA). If you have additional questions on this, we recommend speaking to your trusted tax professional!
- Buy a stock or an ETF
- Understanding order types in Wealthsimple Trade
- Understanding orders when markets are volatile
- Upgrade the features of your Wealthsimple Trade account
- Use Watchlist to track stocks or ETFs
- Day trading on Wealthsimple Trade
- US and Canadian exchange holidays
- View or cancel a pending order
- How long does it take for trades to settle?
- Will Wealthsimple offer me any advice on which assets to buy & sell?
trading in a tfsa