In some cases, income earned from trading can be considered to be 'business income' which is eligible to be taxed by the CRA. The CRA does not have a limit of an acceptable number of trades that you can make within a TFSA, but they reserve the right to audit the activities within your account if it appears that individuals are engaging in inappropriate trading activities (i.e. if it appears that you are attempting to earn your living by trading in your TFSA). If you have additional questions on this, we recommend speaking to your trusted tax professional!
- Buy a stock or an ETF
- Upgrade the features of your Wealthsimple Trade account
- Understanding orders when markets are volatile
- Day Trading on Wealthsimple Trade
- US and Canadian exchange holidays
- How long does it take for trades to settle?
- View or cancel a pending order
- Will Wealthsimple offer me any advice on which assets to buy & sell?
- Can someone on the Wealthsimple Trade team place an order for me?
- What's Watchlist? How do I use it?
trading in a tfsa