You can move a cash balance of any amount between your Wealthsimple Trade accounts. It typically takes 3 business days for the transfer to complete.
If your funds are already invested in a stock, ETF, or cryptocurrency, you'll need to sell your holdings before you can transfer the cash to a different account. After selling a security, it takes 2 business days for the cash to settle in your account before you can transfer the funds.
Transfer funds between your Trade accounts
- Sign into the Trade app on your mobile device
- Tap the Profile icon on the top left corner of the screen
- Select the Funding menu item
- Select Transfer funds
- Choose an account to transfer from and tap Continue
- Choose an account to transfer into and tap Continue
- Enter an amount to transfer and tap Continue
- Review the transfer details and tap Submit
- Don’t forget to check if your transfer will affect your income taxes or contribution room for registered accounts.
- New deposits take 5 business days to clear before you can transfer the funds to a different account.
- We do not currently support cash transfers from RRSPs into other Wealthsimple Trade accounts.
In-kind transfers between your Trade accounts
Wealthsimple does not support in-kind transfers between Trade accounts. For this reason, to be able to transfer between your Trade accounts, your best option would be to sell your holdings, wait for your cash to settle, and then initiate a cash transfer to the desired account.