Wealthsimple Trade currently supports the following assets, as long as they meet our eligibility criteria (see below):
- Stocks (only common shares)
- Select cryptocurrencies
Search for a stock or ETF
To search for a specific stock or ETF, follow the instructions below:
- Log into my.wealthsimple.com and sign in to your Trade & Crypto profile
- Next to the magnifying glass icon at the top of the page, type in the name or the symbol of the security you'd like to search for
- Sign into the Trade app on your mobile device
- Tap the Discover tab at the bottom of the screen
- Type in the name or the symbol of the security you'd like to search for
Note: If you don't see a Discover tab at the bottom of your screen, please update the Trade app.
A stock or ETF must meet our eligibility criteria to become available on Wealthsimple Trade.
When you search for an asset that is unavailable to trade, you'll see a brief message explaining why. Some of the reasons are as follows –
The security type is not supported
Only stocks and ETFs are supported on Wealthsimple Trade. Wealthsimple Trade does not support any other assets, including:
- Mutual Funds
- Preferred Shares
- Securities that trade Over-the-counter (OTC)
- Forwards & Futures
- Rights and Warrants
- Investment Savings Accounts & Money Markets
- Stocks & ETFs that trade on non-North American exchanges
This security isn’t listed on a supported exchange
Wealthsimple Trade currently supports stocks and ETFs trading on the following exchanges:
- Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
- TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV)
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE)
- BATS Exchange
If the security you're looking for is listed on another exchange or is traded over-the-counter (OTC) you will not be able to purchase it on the Trade platform. If the security is listed on both a US exchange and a Canadian exchange, we will only support the security listed on the Canadian exchange.
This security may not meet our settlement or average daily trading volume requirements
We only allow securities to be traded that settle with the Canadian Depository for Securities (CDS). We also impose minimum price and volume constraints for stocks traded on the platform.
The security is delisted, suspended, or halted
In most cases, orders can’t be submitted for securities that are delisted or suspended. Orders can be submitted for securities that are halted, however, they will not fill until trading resumes.
Request a new stock or ETF
If you'd like to request a stock or ETF that's not currently available on the Trade platform, you can add it to the feedback survey below:
Wealthsimple Trade Stock and ETF Request Form
While the form doesn't guarantee that we will add your requested securities to the platform, we'll monitor responses to help make the Trade experience better.