Our Joint Save accounts work exactly the same way as our personal Save accounts.
If you already have a Wealthsimple account, you can add a Joint Save account in a few easy steps:
- Log into Your Wealthsimple account
- Click the "Add or transfer an account" button.
- Select Joint Account and click “Submit”
- Fill out the information about your joint applicant and click submit and sign.
- Sign the account opening e-agreement.
- This process will create a Wealthsimple profile for the joint applicant using the email you provided in step 4. The joint applicant must complete their profile setup and can do so by requesting a password reset for their newly created account.
Can I have multiple Joint Save accounts with different people?
Yes! You can have multiple Joint Wealthsimple Save accounts with different co-owners, or multiple accounts with the same co-owner.
Who can deposit and withdraw from Joint Save accounts?
Both co-owners can contribute and withdraw from a Joint Wealthsimple Save account, and both co-owners will be able to see the activity.
Do Joint Wealthsimple Save accounts count towards Wealthsimple Black plan status?
Yes, but for now it only counts towards status of the primary account holder. Learn more about how our plan status gets calculated for co-owned accounts.