We do our best to keep all our articles up-to-date, but the information on this page is subject to change at any time, without notice. If you have questions about how long it takes to deposit, transfer, withdrawal or trade your funds, you can view our article on money movement or reach out to our team.
You can transfer an existing investment account (ie. RRSP, TFSA, Personal, etc.) from another institution by following the below steps. We also recommend checking out our guide to learn how you can prevent your transfer from being rejected.
Instructions to transfer from your desktop:
1. Navigate to the "Move funds" page while signed in to your Wealthsimple Invest account.
2. Click "Transfer an account".
3. Follow the prompts to fill out details associated with the account at your current institution.
3.1 Note: If you're unable to find your institution after typing it into the search bar, please click "I don't see my financial institution" and fill in the institution name manually. You may then see the following prompt: "This institution does not support electronic transfers. To continue, please confirm this is the correct institution name." Feel free to click "Yes, it's correct" in order to move forward in the set-up process.
4. You'll be asked whether you want to transfer your investments “as cash” or “as is.” There can be fees associated with how you transfer your investments, so it's important to understand what the options are. You can read more about that here.
5. The final step will be to digitally sign off on your transfer request!
6. We'll take it from here and will reach out if anything further is required from you in order for us to complete the transfer request!