If you haven't opened your Wealthsimple account yet, you can indicate you would like to open a joint account during the set-up process. Please note, the Joint Application process will not become apparent until after initial account onboarding. More on how to open your Wealthsimple account here.
If you already have a Wealthsimple account, you can add a joint account in a few easy steps:
- Log into Your Wealthsimple account
- Click the "Add or transfer an account" button.
- Select Joint Account and click “Submit”
- Fill out the information about your joint applicant and click submit and sign.
- Sign the account opening e-agreement.
- This process will create a Wealthsimple profile for the joint applicant using the email you provided in step 4. The joint applicant must complete their profile setup and can do so by requesting a password reset for their newly created account.
That's it! You and your joint applicant will be able to access and fund your account using the Joint Account tab.