With Wealthsimple Trade, you can generally trade shares sold in an IPO once the company begins publicly trading.
What to expect
- Any shares sold in an IPO will not appear on the Wealthsimple Trade platform until after they become available for public trading. It may take several hours for shares to appear in the Wealthsimple Trade app.
- For a company that IPOs in Canada, shares will generally appear in our app shortly after they begin publicly trading.
- For a company that IPOs in the US, shares will generally appear during the day the company IPOs.
- US companies must have a market capitalization of at least US$1 billion to be included in Wealthsimple Trade on their IPO day.
- Wealthsimple Trade does not support the ability to directly participate in a company's IPO. You can only buy shares in the company when the shares become available to trade on the public market.
Tip: If a company doesn’t show up in Wealthsimple Trade by the end of its IPO day, you may want to double-check if the stock meets our trading eligibility criteria.