With Wealthsimple, you can generally trade shares sold in an IPO once the company begins publicly trading.
What to expect
- Any shares sold in an IPO will not appear on Wealthsimple until after they become available for public trading. It may take several hours for shares to appear.
- For a company that IPOs in Canada, shares will generally appear shortly after they begin publicly trading.
- For a company that IPOs in the US, shares will generally appear during the day the company IPOs.
- US companies must have a market capitalization of at least US$1 billion to be listed on Wealthsimple on their IPO day.
- Wealthsimple does not support the ability to directly participate in a company's IPO. You can only buy shares in the company when the shares become available to trade on the public market.
Tip: If a company doesn’t show up on Wealthsimple by the end of its IPO day, you may want to double-check if the stock meets our trading eligibility criteria.
Please sign in to leave a comment.