Between September 13th and October 12th, when you invite your friends to Wealthsimple Trade and they sign up and add money to a Personal (non-registered) account, you’ll earn the cash equivalent of three random stocks instead of just one. Your friend will earn the cash equivalent of two random stocks.
- The person you invite must register within the promotional period (September 13th - October 12th) and fund their Personal account with a minimum of $1 within 30 days of registering for you to receive the cash equivalent of three random stocks.
- The cash bonus will be applied within 7 days after your friend opens and funds their new Wealthsimple Trade Personal account.
- The referral bonus won't get applied if the person you invite is an existing Wealthsimple Trade client.
- Due to regulatory restrictions, Quebec residents will not qualify to receive a randomized stock bonus. Instead, Quebec residents will get the cash equivalent of three fixed stocks worth no less than $20 each based on the stock value at the time of selection.
Note: You can review the full terms and conditions for our free stock referral program here.
Get your referral link
- Sign into the Trade app on your mobile device and make sure that your app is completely up-to-date
- Tap on the gift icon at the top right-hand side of the screen
- Tap Invite friends
Note: Your referral link is not available on desktop.
Frequently asked questions
With the new stock referral program, what will happen to my existing cash referrals?
Any pending cash referrals will stay open for your friends to claim and any new referrals will be stock rewards.
I was given a referral link by a friend but I forgot to use it when I signed up. Can I still get the referral bonus?
If you signed up to Wealthsimple Trade within the last 30 days, you can still use your friend's referral link.
- Sign into the Trade app on your mobile device
- Tap the gift icon at the top of the screen
- Select I was referred by someone near the bottom of the screen
- Enter the unique code from your referral link (the series of letters found at the end of the URL)
If you don't see I was referred by someone, it's likely your account has been open for longer than 30 days.