Before getting started, we recommend reading this help article to learn more about Company Share Transfers. Once completed, feel free to follow the instructions below:
- To initiate your transfer, please set up your transfer online:
- Log into your Wealthsimple account and select, "Add or Transfer an Account". A friendly reminder that you’ll want to move the funds to the correct investment account in order to ensure your tax situation is not affected.
- Fill in the details of your transfer and upload an account statement.
- Review and submit your transfer request.
- After setting up the transfer, you have two options to move over the funds from Computershare:
- Request a DRS statement from Computershare - Obtaining a Direct Registration System, or DRS Statement allows us to set up the transfer directly with our back office. Here is an example of a DRS statement, and we'll need to view the number of vested units before we can set up the transfer on our end. Once you obtain this document, kindly upload it to this secure link!
- Request the transfer with Computershare - From our experience, this is the fastest method and involves logging into your Computershare account and setting up the transfer on their website. We’ve included our brokerage’s details below:
- Brokerage name: Canadian ShareOwner Investments
- Address: 241 Spadina Avenue, 3rd Floor, Toronto, ON, M5T 2E2
- Transfer details:
a) CUID or Broker Code: CSIT
b) Dealer Number: 7829
c) Rep Code: HX1
d) Account number: You can find your account numbers at any time in the My Documents section of our website. They are listed in each of your trade confirmations, monthly statements, as well as your Investor Policy Statement
Once the request is submitted, our team will take it from there! Please note that it is completely normal if the shares have left your existing investment account, and they've yet to show up in your Wealthsimple account. This is because Computershare transfers can take 5-10 business days to complete.
If anything further is needed from you, we'll be in touch via email. Otherwise, we'll let you know when your transfer has completed! If you have specific questions about your transfer, or you’re having troubles setting up your transfer online, please create a request and our Relationship Management team can assist.