A deposit is the fastest way to add funds to your Wealthsimple Invest account.
Once you've linked your bank account, you can make a deposit in Canadian dollars from any chequing or savings account with a Canadian bank.
- Log into my.wealthsimple.com and sign in to your Invest & Save profile
- Click Move funds from the top menu bar
- Select the bank account you would like to transfer funds From
- Select the Wealthsimple account you would like to transfer funds To
- Enter the Amount you'd like to transfer
- Schedule the frequency of the deposit (if this is a one-time contribution select Just this once)
- Choose a Transfer date for the transaction
- Click Submit deposit
- Review and Confirm this deposit
- Sign in to the Invest mobile app
- Tap Move funds on the bottom right
- Select the Add or move funds
- Choose a One-time or Automated deposit
- Enter the amount you'd like to deposit to your Wealthsimple account
- Select the Wealthsimple account you would to transfer funds To
- Select the account you would like to transfer funds From
- Review deposit and Submit
Frequently asked questions
Can I deposit USD into my Wealthsimple account?
You can't deposit USD into your Wealthsimple account, although you can set up a wire transfer from a USD account to Wealthsimple. Once your funds come to Wealthsimple, we will convert them into Canadian dollars. Currency conversion fees will apply.
How long after I made a deposit do my funds get invested?
We will invest your funds within three business days.