You can connect your Wealthsimple Invest account to Mint to get a big picture view of your finances all in one place. There are a few initial steps to connect your two accounts.
First, you'll enable your Wealthsimple Mint-specific password:
- Login to Wealthsimple on a desktop computer
- Navigate to "Settings" (click your name at the top right of the navigation bar)
- Select the “Banks & Apps” tab
- Check "Allow Mint to read my Wealthsimple data"
- Click "Update"
- Note the email and Mint access token displayed; you'll need this to login at Mint.com
Next, add the account in Mint:
- Login to Mint
- Click "Add accounts" (For help, check out How to add a new bank account on Mint's site)
- When prompted for your Wealthsimple credentials, remember to use your Wealthsimple email and Mint access token! For your security, you can't use the same password you use to log in to Wealthsimple.
What to expect
- Mint doesn't support multiple currency accounts. This means your holdings will be displayed in the currency of your Mint account, without the appropriate conversion. So if your Mint account is in Canadian dollars, your portfolio balance may look smaller than it is, as your US funds won't be converted to CAD
- It's currently not possible to connect your Wealthsimple Trade account to Mint.