How do I send money instantly to my friends?
Sending money has never been easier!
1) Tap the $ button in the centre of the screen
2) Search (either by name, $ign, or phone number) and select a contact
3) Select either Bank, Wallet or Instant from the top of the screen.
4) Fill out and confirm the amount you want to send
5) Add an emoticon or write a message
6) Swipe up to send to your contact!
How do I request money?
The process is pretty similar to the above! Tap onto the $ button in the centre of your screen to request money. After you will be prompted to search for a contact either by name, $ign or phone number, then you choose to request funds and fill out the amount. You will have to tap onto ‘Request From' and your contact will be notified of the request!
How much can I send?
The Wealthsimple Cash app has sending limits for peer-to-peer transfers. We’ve highlighted the sending limits below. In the event that you exceed the sending limits, your transaction will be denied.
|Per month (30 days)||$20,000.00CAD|
There are no limits on how much you deposit to the Wealthsimple Cash app from a linked bank account and the same is true for withdrawals back to your bank.
I received money, but I don’t want to use this app
We’re sorry to hear that you’re not interested in using the Wealthsimple Cash app. The good news is that the person who sent you the money can cancel their payment to you - it doesn’t go through unless you sign up for the app.
For further information, if money is sent to someone who isn’t on the app yet, the payment can be cancelled by doing the following:
- From the main screen, the pending payment will be seen, click on it and request to cancel, or
- Click on the balance at the top and on “Activity”. Pending payments will be listed can be cancelled.
Can I cancel a payment?
It is not possible to cancel sent payments to contacts who already use the app as they are auto-deposited. We recommend double-checking before you submit a payment to ensure you have sent the correct amount and to the correct contact.