Once you've linked your bank account, you can make a deposit in Canadian dollars from any chequing or savings account with a Canadian bank.
Make a deposit into your account
- Sign into the Cash app on your mobile device
- Tap the Wallet balance in the top-middle of the screen
- Select Add
- Choose an amount to deposit into your account
- Select the bank account from which you’d like to withdraw funds and hit Continue
- Hit Confirm to begin the deposit
How long does a deposit take to settle?
- If you deposit $250 or less, the funds will be available instantly. You can access these funds right away. The $250 instant deposit limit resets every three business days. You may choose to deposit $250 all at once, or deposit $100 on the first day and then $150 the next day.
- If you deposit more than $250 or go over your instant deposit limit, your funds will be available to send within 3 business days.
- If you deposit more than $50,000, your funds will be available within 5 business days.
Note: Make sure you keep enough funds in your bank account until the deposit has cleared. In your bank account, you should see the funds deducted by "CDN SHR INVEST", which is Wealthsimple’s brokerage.