A deposit is the fastest way to add funds to your Wealthsimple Trade account.
Once you've linked your bank account, you can make a deposit in Canadian dollars from any chequing or savings account with a Canadian bank.
Note: There are two other ways you can add funds to your account –
- Transfer an investment account from another banking institution
- Transfer your Wealthsimple Invest account into Wealthsimple Trade
Make a deposit into your account
- Sign into the Trade app on your mobile device
- Tap the Profile icon on the top left corner of the screen
- Select the Funding menu item
- Choose Add funds
- In the From field, select the bank account from which you’d like to withdraw funds
- In the To field, select your Wealthsimple Trade account
- Choose an amount to deposit into your account
- Hit Continue to confirm the transaction details and begin the deposit
Tip: You can also view or cancel your pending deposits.
If you deposit $250 or less, the funds will be available instantly. You can access these funds to trade right away.
The $250 instant deposit limit resets every three business days. For example, you may choose to deposit $250 all at once, or deposit $100 on the first day and then $150 the next day.
If you deposit more than $250 or go over your instant deposit limit, your funds will be available to trade within 3 business days.
- If any of your accounts has a negative balance, you won’t be able to use instant deposits until the balance is positive again.
- If there aren't enough funds in your bank account to cover your instant deposit, we may need to retract the funds you requested or sell some of your most recently purchased securities.
- There are some cases when it may take longer than three business days for a deposit to clear. A deposit that takes longer than three business days to clear may be delayed or rejected by your bank.
- There is no minimum deposit amount. The maximum deposit is $50,000. If you need to deposit more than $50,000, consider submitting multiple deposits or contacting our client success team for help.
- Wealthsimple Trade does not currently support auto-deposits.
- Deposits to Wealthsimple Trade do not count towards your Wealthsimple Invest Black or Generation status.
Note: Make sure you keep enough funds in your bank account until the deposit has cleared.
You’ll know a deposit is complete when you see the funds added to your Available to Trade balance in your Wealthsimple Trade account. In your bank account, you should see the funds deducted by "CDN SHR INVEST INV", which is Wealthsimple’s brokerage.