Transfer your Wealthsimple Invest account into Wealthsimple Trade
You can transfer a TFSA, RRSP, or non-registered personal account from Wealthsimple Invest into Wealthsimple Trade directly from the Trade mobile app.
Please note that it’s only possible to transfer between accounts of the same type. For example, let's say you'd like to transfer a TFSA from Wealthsimple Invest into Wealthsimple Trade. If you don't have a TFSA in Wealthsimple Trade already, you'll need to open one before you can begin the transfer.
- Sign in to the Trade app on your mobile device
- Tap the Profile icon on the top left corner of the screen
- Select the Funding menu item
- Choose Transfer from Wealthsimple Invest
- An account transfer may take up to seven business days to complete.
- You can only transfer an account in its entirety.
- Transfers between products can only be done in cash. We’ll need to sell the holdings in your Wealthsimple Invest account before we can transfer the funds into Wealthsimple Trade.
- The balance of your Wealthsimple Trade account may be higher or lower than the original amount in your Wealthsimple Invest account. During the seven-day transfer window, we can’t guarantee the exact timing of when your investments will be sold. The value of your investments may increase or decrease during this time.
Transfer your Wealthsimple Trade account into Wealthsimple Invest
Transferring funds from Wealthsimple Trade to Wealthsimple Invest is not something we officially support within your profile. However, this can be done if you contact our support team.
Currently, we are able to support in-cash transfers between the following accounts:
- RRSP to RRSP
- TFSA to TFSA
- Personal to Personal
If you're comfortable with the transfer being processed in-cash, please let us know if you'd like to do a full or partial transfer. If partial, please indicate the amount you'd like to transfer. Once we have your consent to proceed, we will begin processing your transfer request.