You can transfer a TFSA, RRSP, or non-registered personal account from Wealthsimple Invest into Wealthsimple Trade.
Please note that it’s only possible to transfer between accounts of the same type. For example, let's say you'd like to transfer a TFSA from Wealthsimple Invest into Wealthsimple Trade. If you don't have a TFSA in Wealthsimple Trade already, you'll need to open one before you can begin the transfer.
Transfer your Wealthsimple Invest account into Wealthsimple Trade
- Sign in to the Trade app on your mobile device
- Tap the Profile icon on the top left corner of the screen
- Select the Funding menu item
- Choose Transfer from Wealthsimple Invest
An account transfer may take up to seven business days to complete.
- You can only transfer an account in its entirety.
- Transfers between products can only be done in cash. We’ll need to sell the holdings in your Wealthsimple Invest account before we can transfer the funds into Wealthsimple Trade.
- The balance of your Wealthsimple Trade account may be higher or lower than the original amount in your Wealthsimple Invest account. During the seven day transfer window, we can’t guarantee the exact timing of when your investments will be sold. The value of your investments may increase or decrease during this time.