Because Wealthsimple is no longer operating in the USA, Wealthsimple US clients will need to access all Tax Forms and Monthly Statements directly from our brokerage, Apex Clearing Corporation. Below we've provided instructions on how to create a new account, this entire process should take 5 minutes!
Accessing Apex Online
Access APEX Online using the following URL: www.apexclearing.com
- Click on the Log In silhouette in the top, right corner of the screen.
- The Log In screen displays as shown below, and click Create a User.
- The New User ID Setup screen display as below. Please click Next as a Wealthsimple client.
Creating a New User ID
- Change the Firm dropdown field to 10-Apex Clearing Corporation, and enter the first 8 characters of your account number (e.g., '8BJ*****' or '8GX*****') in the Account Number field with no dashes and click Next as shown in the following example.
- Type the Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax ID that is associated with the account (with no dashes) in the Tax ID Number field as shown in the following example.
- Enter a valid email address in the Email Address field. Apex uses the email address to reset passwords. Click Enter. See the example below.
- Select and answer the secret question in the Secret Question field. The system uses the answer to the secret question for security validation. Click Next. See the example below.
- Enter the user ID and password in the corresponding fields as shown below. Click Finish. (Note: Passwords must be at least eight characters in length and contain at least one lower casw letter, one upper case letter, one digit, and one special character (e.g., !@#$%^&*~|?).
- The New User ID Setup screen displays with a statement stating, "The User ID has been created successfully!" Click the Click Here to Start Now! link. See the following example.
- The Account Summary screen displays as shown below. Use this screen to view additional details. Click the orange button to see more information. View statements, confirms, and tax documents by clicking on the Documents tab on the top right of the screen.
Once one login is created, head to tools and click on Add Account where you will add any other accounts you have with Wealthsimple using the account number.
If you have any questions, please call the Apex Customer Support Team directly at (214) 765-1009 or email email@example.com.