Please visit the CRA’s website for a complete list of CWB (formerly the WITB) related questions and answers.
To claim the CWB, type “CWB” in the search box and add the Canada Workers Benefit section to your return. Answer “Yes” to the question “Claim the CWB”. If you're eligible, we’ll include the CWB amount on your return.
You can see how the CWB is calculated on Schedule 6 in the Review section. If Schedule 6 is blank, it means you do not qualify for the benefit.
To be eligible for the CWB, you must be:
- 19 years of age or older on December 31st; and
- a resident of Canada for the whole year.
You are not eligible for the CWB if you:
- were a full-time student for more than 13 weeks in the year, and don’t have an eligible dependant;
- were confined to a prison or similar institution for a period of 90 days or more in the year;
- you don’t pay tax in Canada because you are an officer or servant of another country, such as a diplomat, or a family member or employee of such person; or
- moved to Canada during the year. Learn more.