A few years ago, the CRA renamed the Equivalent to spouse amount. It is now referred to as the Amount for an eligible dependant. Use the Your Dependants section, under the heading Eligible Dependant, to claim this credit.
- How do I report CPP or QPP (T4A(P)) benefits received in my child’s name?
- How do I report my child’s income?
- How do I claim my partner as my dependant?
- Why can’t I claim more than one child as my eligible dependant?
- Why is my childcare deduction $0?
- My child has a disability, how do I enter the additional $500 for their fitness and/or arts expenses?
- How do I claim the equivalent to spouse amount for my dependant?
- I don’t want to claim the caregiver amount (or amount for infirm dependant). What do I do?
- How do I transfer a disability amount from my dependant?
- How do I transfer a disability amount from my child who is under 18?