To claim a foreign tax credit for withholding tax (or other foreign tax paid) on rental income, for tax years 2018 and later, enter the amount directly in the Rental Income section, on the line Your portion of foreign tax paid (if any). Located at the bottom of Income & Expenses.
- Can I use Wealthsimple Tax if I need to file a T1142?
- How do I report a functional currency on my T1135?
- I own foreign property, do I need to file a T1135?
- What is a section 20(12) deduction?
- Why is the foreign tax paid less than what I entered?
- How do I claim a foreign tax credit for my foreign rental income?
- Why is my foreign tax credit $0?
- How do I report my foreign pension income?
- How do I report foreign employment income?
- What are the average annual exchange rates for the year?