The temporary work-from-home measure of $2/day is no longer available. This simplified deduction was introduced in 2020 and was available until 2022. If you continue to work from home, make sure you get a signed T2200 form and keep track of all your expenses, as you’ll need these to claim your employment expenses.
General tax deductions
- The temporary flat rate deduction for COVID work-from-home expenses has been eliminated
- Why is my tradesperson (or apprentice mechanic) tools deduction $0?
- How do I report my employment expenses (T2200)?
- How do I report contributions to my pension plan that are not reported on a slip?
- How do I claim my public transit passes?
- I moved before January 1st, how do I report my moving expenses?
- What credits and deductions get optimized?
- How do I add interest or carrying charges?
- How do I apply for the GST/HST credit?
- Can I claim the GST/HST New Housing Rebate on my return?