In light of the escalating crisis in Ukraine, we are waiving transaction and transfer (gas) fees for anyone who wishes to donate Bitcoin or Ethereum to the government of Ukraine.
Donate cryptocurrency to Ukraine
You can donate Bitcoin or Ethereum to the official Ukraine addresses by making a withdrawal to one of the two following addresses:
- Bitcoin: 357a3So9CbsNfBBgFYACGvxxS6tMaDoa1P
- Ethereum: 0x165CD37b4C644C2921454429E7F9358d18A45e14
To make a donation, follow the instructions below:
- Sign into the Trade app on your mobile device
- Tap the Move tab at the bottom of the screen
- Select the Crypto tab at the top of the screen
- Select Withdraw crypto
- Choose Bitcoin or Ethereum
- Input the amount you’d like to withdraw
- Paste one of the wallet addresses above
- Select Preview transfer to review the details of the transfer
- When you make a withdrawal to one of the Ukraine addresses, you’ll see N/A next to the Estimated transfer fees on the withdrawal confirmation page. If you don’t see N/A, please update you app to the latest version.
- If you buy crypto using Wealthsimple and then withdraw it to the Ukraine addresses, we’ll retroactively reimburse your trading fees, proportional to the donation amount. You can expect the reimbursement to appear in your Crypto account within 5 - 10 business days.