An unauthorized transaction is a transaction made with your Wealthsimple Cash card that you did not give permission to be made.
Dispute an unauthorized transaction
If you need to dispute an unauthorized transaction on your Wealthsimple Cash card, follow these steps:
- Open your Wealthsimple mobile app
- Tap the Activity tab at the bottom of the screen
- Select the transaction you're disputing
- At the bottom of the transaction summary, tap Dispute transaction
- Choose a reason for the dispute, then tap
- Select Fill out dispute form and follow the prompts
If you're locked out of your account, please contact our support team immediately and we'll help you resolve the issue.
Lock your Cash card
You should also immediately lock your Wealthsimple Cash card by following these steps:
- Log in to your Wealthsimple mobile app
- Tap the Home tab at the bottom of your screen
- Select your Cash account
- Tap the card icon at the top-right of the screen
- Toggle on Lock card
- Toggle the switches on to lock your physical and virtual cards
Frequently asked questions
Does disputing a charge impact my credit score?
No, disputing a charge does not impact your credit score.
Do I still have to pay my bill while the investigation is ongoing?
Yes, as this is a prepaid Mastercard, the amount would have already been deducted from your account when you made the transaction.
How can I check the status of my unauthorized transaction dispute?
Investigations typically take 7-14 business days to come to a conclusion, so it is normal to not have an immediate response. Feel free to reach out to our support team for an update.
How can I cancel a dispute?
If you need to cancel a dispute that you’ve already submitted, reach out to our support team.