Referrals & Promotions

Promotions

Wealthsimple Trade Free Stock Promotion

What is the free stock bonus?

With the free stock bonus, we’ll deposit a cash bonus in your account that is equal to one share randomly selected from the shares Wealthsimple has chosen for this program.

The cash bonus will be applied within 14 days of opening and funding your new Wealthsimple Trade account in accordance with the terms and conditions below.

Only new users of Wealthsimple Trade are eligible for the bonus.

Which stocks apply?

Wealthsimple selects shares from fifteen companies with share values ranging from $1-$4,500 CAD, limited to companies that are widely held among Wealthsimple Trade accounts.

There is an approximately ~56% chance of the bonus having a value of between $1 and $10, ~35% chance of the bonus having a value of between $10 and $50, ~9% chance of the Bonus having a value of between $50 and $500, and 0.20% chance of the bonus having a value between $500 and $5,000, based on the price of shares at the time of their selection.


How do I claim my free stock?

In order to claim your prize, open and fund a Non-Registered Wealthsimple Trade Account by visiting the the promotion page and following the instructions on how to create an account. There are no fees associated with the creation of a Promotion Account. You must then fund this new account with at least $100.

To enter without meeting the minimum deposit threshold, type out your name, address, city, province or territory, postal code, telephone number, and a unique and original 100-word or more essay on “My Investing Strategy”, and email it to contest@wealthsimple.com during the Offer Period.

Your cash bonus will be delivered within 14 days of you completing either of the above two steps — and then you can purchase your free stock!

How long does the promotion last?

The promotion will begin at 12:00:01 AM ET on November 17, 2020, and will end at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 18, 2020.

Full Terms and Conditions

Wealthsimple Trade: Free Stock When You Sign Up For Trade
(the “Promotion”)
Terms and Conditions

The Bonus. The Bonus is a cash deposit equal in value to one share selected randomly from the shares Wealthsimple has chosen for this program. When shares are selected for this program, Wealthsimple selects shares from fifteen companies with share values ranging from $1-$4,500 CAD, limited to companies that are widely held among Wealthsimple Trade accounts. There is an approximately ~56% chance of the Bonus having a value of between $1 and $10, ~35% chance of the Bonus having a value of between $10 and $50, ~9% chance of the Bonus having a value of between $50 and $500, and 0.20% chance of the Bonus having a value between $500 and $5,000, based on the price of shares at the time of their selection. Cash Bonus will be applied within 14 days of opening and funding the Promotion Account (as defined below) in accordance with these terms and conditions.

Opening a Non-Registered Wealthsimple Trade Account. You can open a Non-Registered Wealthsimple Trade account (a “Promotion Account”) by visiting http://wealthsimple.com/promo/freestock and following the instructions on how to create an account. There are no fees associated with the creation of a Promotion Account.

$100 CAD Minimum Deposit Threshold. Once you have opened a Promotion Account (must be a non-registered account i.e. not TFSA or RRSP), you must meet the required minimum deposit threshold of $100 CAD in the Promotion Account. Deposits that are split across more than one account will not be considered for eligibility when calculating whether you meet the minimum deposit threshold. Minimum deposit threshold must be met within 45 days of registration and prior to the end of the Offer Period. Customers who receive a Bonus must keep at least $100 CAD in their Promotion Account for 180 days from initial funding date or the Bonus may be deducted from their final withdrawal amount or otherwise recovered by Wealthsimple.

No purchase necessary: To enter without meeting the minimum deposit threshold, type out your name, address, city, province or territory, postal code, telephone number, and a unique and original 100-word or more essay on “My Investing Strategy”, and email it to contest@wealthsimple.com during the Offer Period. Each email entry must be received by 11:59:59 PM EDT the day prior to the end of the Offer Period to be eligible for the Bonus. Each email entry that complies with the above requirements will result in one (1) entry. Incomplete entries will be void. No script, macro, robotic or other program-assisted, mechanically reproduced, bulk or mass entries (only one entry in one email) are permitted. There is no limit on the number of entries.[A1]

Non-Registered Account. Regardless of what type of Wealthsimple Trade account you open as a Promotion Account, you will be required to have a non-registered Wealthsimple Trade account as a condition of receiving the Bonus. You can open a non-registered Wealthsimple Trade account by following the instructions above.

Offer Period. The Promotion will begin at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on November 17, 2020, and will end at 11:59:59 PM EDT on December 18, 2020.

Release. You assume all risk of injury, illness, disease, death, or any other damage which may arise in connection with your participation in the Promotion. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby: (a) forever release and discharge Wealthsimple and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related and associated entities and employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators of each (collectively, the “Releasees”), from and against any and all claims, actions, costs, liabilities, judgments, damages, obligations, losses, penalties, and expenses of any kind or nature whatsoever (including legal fees) (collectively, the “Claims”) in any way arising directly or indirectly out of any injury, loss, or damage that you may suffer as a result of, or in connection with your participation in the Promotion or any promotion-related activity, including the posting of the Bonus in your Promotion Account and subsequent use of the Bonus; and (b) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all damages, loss and expenses, including legal fees, which may be suffered directly or indirectly by reason of your own negligence or willful misconduct during or in connection with your participation in the Promotion;

No Recommendation. Neither the Bonus, the randomly selected share nor identification of a particular security in communications related to this program shall constitute a solicitation of the security or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold the security. Wealthsimple Trade does not provide investment advice and does not hereby recommend any security or transaction. There is no requirement that you purchase the randomly selected share with the Bonus.

General. Wealthsimple reserves the right to amend, withdraw or restrict the Promotion and/or these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Wealthsimple is the sole arbiter of these rules and any other issue arising under the Promotion. If Wealthsimple suspects fraudulent or abusive behaviour, gaming of the system or a violation of these terms, Wealthsimple reserves the right to remove all promotions from the Promotion Account including the Bonus and take any other action it deems appropriate including, but not limited to, closing the Promotion Account. An invitation to participate in this offer does not provide assurance that you will be accepted as a customer of Wealthsimple. This offer is only valid for customers in Canada (excluding Quebec) that otherwise meet our eligibility requirements. Our standard terms (https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-ca/legal/terms) relating to your use of Wealthsimple and the investment management agreement that applies to the Promotion Account each apply and are not affected in any way by this offer.

Referrals

Referring a Friend to Wealthsimple Trade

How does it work?

Invite friends and receive cash towards your next trade. For each friend that signs up using your referral link, you'll both get $10 when they deposit and trade at least $100 worth of stock! The friend you refer cannot be an existing Wealthsimple Trade client. 

I referred a friend before this program started - can I count this as a referral now?

While we certainly appreciate you spreading the word about Wealthsimple Trade, we cannot honour referrals made before this program was launched. 

I forgot to use the referral link when signing up - is there a way to apply this anyway? 

We get it - it happens!

If you or the person you referred forgot to use the referral link, no worries! The referred client can simply add the code retroactively in their WS Trade profile. This retroactive referral will only work within 30 days of signing up. 

The referred client can click on the gift icon at the top of the main screen within the Trade app. Then, click "I was referred by someone" near the bottom of the screen. From there, you will be asked to enter the unique code from your referrer's link. This code is a series of numbers that can be found at the end of the referral link's URL.

Please note, there is a maximum amount of $1000 (200 referrals) that can be claimed per profile.