We make it easy for you to transfer an existing account from another institution to Wealthsimple by following these steps:
- Login to your Wealthsimple account on your desktop or mobile app
- Navigate to the "Funding" page of your account and click "Transfer an existing account"
- Fill in the details of your transfer and upload an account statement (optional)
- Some relinquishing institutions need you to have physically signed a transfer form before moving your assets (we don't - we think if you want to move away it should be as easy as possible for you, and we are fully electronic).
- If your institution is one of these we will create a pre-populated form for you to print off, sign and send to us. Otherwise we'll work electronically with them.
- We will take then it from here! We will get into contact with your financial institution to initiate the transfer and all that's required from you is to sit back and wait!
These processes typically take 4-6 weeks - we wish it could be faster! - but we'll stay on top of it for you and email you once the transfer is complete.
When you transfer an account, you'll be asked whether you want to transfer your investments “in cash” or “in kind.” You can read more about that here, and if you're still not sure, get in touch with your Relationship Management team by phone on 0800 808 5653 or email email@example.com.