You can transfer an existing account from another institution by following these steps:
- Login to your Wealthsimple account and click the 'Add funds' button
- Click 'Transfer an existing account'
- Fill in the details of your transfer
- Fill out necessary information of the relinquishing institution (the institution that currently holds your account).
- Some relinquishing institutions need you to have physically signed a transfer form before moving your assets (we don't - we think if you want to move away it should be as easy as possible for you, and we are fully electronic).
- If your institution is one of these we will provide the forms to print off, sign and send. Otherwise we'll work electronically with them.
- We will take then it from here! We will get into contact with your financial institution to initiate the transfer and all that's required from you is to sit back and wait!
When you transfer an account, you'll be asked whether you want to transfer your investments “in cash” or “in kind.” You can read more about that here, and if you're still not sure, get in touch with your Relationship Management team by phone at 0800 808 5653 or email email@example.com.
As an added token of appreciation from us: if you transfer over the full balance in your account and the value is over £5000, we will also reimburse the transfer fee that your bank charges you. Simply send us a screenshot of your bank statement and we'll get the reimbursement to you right away!