Pretty much everybody can open a SIPP in the UK, so long as you are a UK resident and pay UK taxes. The key factor to be aware of is the contribution limits, which are discussed in the following article. Even if you do not work, you cans till open a SIPP and contribute £3,600 every year!
- What is a SIPP?
- What is “Tax Relief”?
- Am I eligible to receive tax relief?
- What is the Lifetime Allowance for pensions?
- What is "Pension Protection"?
- Why would I put money into the Wealthsimple Pension?
- Why don't I just put money into a savings account and use that to fund my retirement?
- Am I eligible to open a SIPP?
- How can I take money out of my SIPP (once I reach the pension age)?
- When can I take money out of my SIPP?