Glad you asked! Connecting your Wealthsimple account to Mint is a great way to get a big picture view of your finances all in one place. There are a few initial steps to connect your two accounts.
First, you'll enable your Wealthsimple Mint-specific password:
- Login to Wealthsimple on a desktop computer
- Navigate to "Settings" (click your name at the top right of the navigation bar)
- Select the “Banks & Apps” tab
- Check "Allow Mint to read my Wealthsimple data"
- Click "Update"
- Note the email and Mint access token displayed; you'll need this to login at Mint.com
Next, add the account in Mint:
- Login to Mint
- Click "Add accounts" (For help, check out How to add a new bank account on Mint's site)
- When prompted for your Wealthsimple credentials, remember to use your Wealthsimple email and Mint access token! For your security, you can't use the same password you use to log in to Wealthsimple.
One thing you should know about that in Mint's “Investments” section, the “price paid” of your investments are not currently being displayed correctly.