If you haven't opened your Wealthsimple account yet, you can indicate you would like to open a joint account during the set-up process. More on how to open your Wealthsimple account here.
If you already have a Wealthsimple account, you can add a joint account in a few easy steps:
- Log into Your Wealthsimple account
- Click the Add another account button on the right side of your screen.
- Select Joint Account and click “Submit”
- Fill out the information about your joint applicant and click submit and sign.
- Sign the account opening e-agreement.
- Your joint applicant will receive an email asking them to sign the joint application e-agreements as well.
That's it! You and your joint applicant will be able to access and fund your account using the Joint Account tab.