First, make sure you have the specific account type (IRA, Roth IRA, etc.) open with Wealthsimple. Then you can transfer an existing account from another institution by following these steps:
- Login to your Wealthsimple account and click the 'Add funds' button
- Click 'Transfer an account'
- Choose your account type and fill in your account information from the relinquishing institution (the institution that currently holds your account)
- If prompted, e-sign your transfer form
- Press 'submit'
- We will take it from here! We will get into contact with your financial institution to initiate the transfer and all that's required from you is to sit back and wait!
There can be fees associated with how you transfer your investments, so it's really important to understand what the options are. You can read more about that here, and if you're still not sure, please create a request and our Relationship Management team would be happy to assist.