I'm an uncle/aunt/grandparent/cousin/friend. Can I open a RESP for the little one?

Anyone can open an RESP for a child. RESPs can be opened by one person, or you can open a joint account with a spouse or common-law partner. You can also name yourself or another adult as the beneficiary.

Note that while anyone can open an RESP, not all beneficiaries are eligible for government education grants. You can read more about who qualifies here.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful