By purchasing the Wealthsimple Tax add-on package, you will get access to the following services:
If the tax return you submitted through Wealthsimple gets re-assessed, we’ve got you covered. Our Audit Support service will help you every step of the way in the event that your tax return is reviewed or audited by the CRA or Revenu Québec. We’ll help you:
- Understand your Notice of Reassessment or letter of correspondence from the CRA or Revenu Québec
- Clarify what is being asked and what documents you need to gather
- Provide templates for your correspondence to the CRA
- Assist you on the next steps and additional follow-ups
How to use it:
When you receive a Notice of Reassessment from the CRA or Revenu Québec, send us an email immediately (we recommend within 7 days from the date of the correspondence in order to respond to the CRA on time) with the following information:
- A copy of all correspondence with the CRA or Revenu Québec
- Your NETFILE or NetFile Québec confirmation number (You can find this in the Submit section of your return on Wealthsimple Tax)
While our team gets back to you, you’ll want to gather all documents you used to prepare your return.
Priority Email Support
Have a question about filing your taxes? We’re here to help! With priority support access, your questions will be answered by our experts — fast.
How to use it:
When you have a question, just contact the Wealthsimple Tax Support team via email. We’ll make sure your emails make it to the front of the queue where they’ll be addressed as soon as possible.
Please ensure you use the same email address as your Wealthsimple account that purchased the Wealthsimple Tax add-on package.
Bonus Stock Giveaway
In addition to the Wealthsimple Tax add-on features outlined above, we’ll deposit a cash bonus (the Bonus) in your Wealthsimple Trade account that is equal to one share randomly selected from the shares Wealthsimple has chosen for this program.
The Bonus will be applied within 30 days of (i) purchasing the Wealthsimple Tax add-on features; and (ii) opening (or already having) a non-registered Wealthsimple Trade Account, all in accordance with the terms and conditions at the below.
Only one stock reward per Wealthsimple client. Offer not available in Quebec. Instead, Quebec residents that otherwise meet the requirements will receive a flat $10 bonus in their non-registered Wealthsimple Trade account. This is equal to the average Bonus amount.
Which stocks apply?
Wealthsimple selects shares from eleven companies with share values ranging from $1-$500 CAD, limited to companies that are widely held among Wealthsimple Trade accounts.
There is an approximately 62% chance of the Bonus having a value between $1 and $10, 37% chance of the Bonus having a value between $10 and $50 and a 1% chance of the share price being $50-$500 based on the price of the shares at the time of their selection.
Add On Package Terms and Conditions
Last Updated March 30, 2021
Your use of the Wealthsimple Tax Add-On Features are subject to the Wealthsimple Tax User Agreement.
Wealthsimple and/or our tax experts providing Audit Support will not represent you, provide legal advice, or help develop a defence strategy.
Wealthsimple Tax Add-On Features are valid only for the specific tax return and year for which they were purchased. Audit Support expires 1 year from the date of purchase (although support for an ongoing audit already brought to us will continue until its conclusion as determined by Wealthsimple). Priority Email Support and Tax Planning expire December 31, 2021.
Purchase of Tax Add-On must be made prior to or at the time of filing. Purchase is non-refundable except where the termination is based on a material breach by Wealthsimple.
Wealthsimple reserves the right to amend, withdraw or restrict the Tax Add-On Features at any time. Wealthsimple reserves the right to remove all Tax Add-On Features from your account and take any other action it deems appropriate including, but not limited to, closing your account(s). Our User Agreement continues to apply to your use of Wealthsimple Tax. In the event of a conflict between these terms and the User Agreement, these terms shall prevail.
Bonus Stock Promotion Terms and Conditions
The Bonus and Odds. The Bonus is a cash deposit equal in value to one share selected randomly from the shares Wealthsimple has chosen for this program. When shares are selected for this program, Wealthsimple selects shares from eleven companies with share values ranging from $1-$500 CAD, limited to companies that are widely held among Wealthsimple Trade accounts. There is an approximately 62% chance of the Bonus having a value between $1 and $10, 37% chance of the Bonus having a value between $10 and $50 and a 1% chance of the share price being $50-$500 based on the price of the shares at the time of their selection. Customers who receive the Bonus must keep the Bonus or stock equivalent in their Promotion Account for 180 days or the Bonus may be deducted from their final withdrawal amount or otherwise recovered by Wealthsimple.
The Bonus will be applied within 30 days of purchasing the Wealthsimple Tax add-on features and opening (or already having) a Promotion Account (as defined below) in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Eligibility. To enter and be eligible to win, you must:
- be a Wealthsimple Tax customer with accounts in good standing;
- be or become a Wealthsimple Trade customer with accounts in good standing with a Promotion Account;
- Purchase Wealthsimple Tax add-on features;
- be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec); and
- be of the age of majority, or older, in the province/territory of residence at the time of entry.
Entry. During the Offer Period, you must meet the Eligibility requirements above. Limit 1 entry per user.
Opening a Non-Registered Wealthsimple Trade Account. You can open a Non-Registered Wealthsimple Trade account (a “Promotion Account”) by visiting https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-ca/product/trade/ and following the instructions on how to create an account. There are no fees associated with the creation of a Promotion Account. If you already have a qualifying account, there is no need to open another.
No purchase necessary: To enter without paying for Wealthsimple Tax, write out your name, address, city, province or territory, postal code, telephone number, email address (the one you use for your Wealthsimple account login) and a unique and original 250-word or more essay on “My Investing Strategy”, and mail it to Wealthsimple Tax Premium Promotions c/o Wealthsimple, 241 Spadina Ave., 3rd Floor, Toronto ON M5T 2E2 during the Offer Period. Except for the payment requirement, you must otherwise qualify for the Promotion in accordance with these terms and conditions and file your 2021 taxes with Wealthsimple Tax. The entry must be received during the Offer Period. If the entry complies with the above requirements, it will result in one (1) entry. Incomplete entries will be void. No script, macro, robotic or other program-assisted, mechanically reproduced, bulk or mass entries are permitted. Limit 1 entry per user still applies
Offer Period. The Promotion will begin at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on February 18, 2021, and will end at 3:59:59 PM EDT on December 1, 2021.
Release. You assume all risk of injury, illness, disease, death, or any other damage which may arise in connection with your participation in the Promotion. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby: (a) forever release and discharge Wealthsimple and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related and associated entities and employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators of each (collectively, the “Releasees”), from and against any and all claims, actions, costs, liabilities, judgments, damages, obligations, losses, penalties, and expenses of any kind or nature whatsoever (including legal fees) (collectively, the “Claims”) in any way arising directly or indirectly out of any injury, loss, or damage that you may suffer as a result of, or in connection with your participation in the Promotion or any promotion-related activity, including the posting of the Bonus in your Promotion Account and subsequent use of the Bonus; and (b) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all damages, loss and expenses, including legal fees, which may be suffered directly or indirectly by reason of your own negligence or willful misconduct during or in connection with your participation in the Promotion;
No Recommendation. Neither the Bonus, the randomly selected share nor identification of a particular security in communications related to this program shall constitute a solicitation of the security or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold the security. Wealthsimple Trade does not provide investment advice and does not hereby recommend any security or transaction. There is no requirement that you purchase the randomly selected share with the Bonus.
General. Wealthsimple reserves the right to amend, withdraw or restrict the Promotion and/or these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Wealthsimple is the sole arbiter of these rules and any other issue arising under the Promotion. If Wealthsimple suspects fraudulent or abusive behaviour, gaming of the system or a violation of these terms, Wealthsimple reserves the right to remove all promotions from the Promotion Account including the Bonus and take any other action it deems appropriate including, but not limited to, closing the Promotion Account. An invitation to participate in this offer does not provide assurance that you will be accepted as a customer of Wealthsimple. This offer is only valid for customers in Canada (excluding Quebec) that otherwise meet our eligibility requirements. Our standard terms (https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-ca/legal/terms) relating to your use of Wealthsimple, our Wealthsimple Tax User Agreement relating to your use of Wealthsimple Tax, and the investment management agreement that applies to the Promotion Account each continue to apply and are not affected in any way by this offer.