If you've recently made a deposit into Wealthsimple, you can check on its status directly through your profile.
View or cancel a pending deposit
- Sign into the Wealthsimple app on your mobile device
- Tap the More tab at the bottom of the screen
- Select the Activity menu item
- Tap the Filter button and choose Deposits
- Select a deposit to view the details or cancel it
- Sign in to the Invest mobile app
- Tap Move Funds at the bottom of the screen
- Tap Add or move funds
- If you have an upcoming deposit or auto-deposit, you will see a banner at the top of the screen e.g. 'You have 1 upcoming deposit". Tap on this banner.
- Select the deposit or auto-deposit that you wish to cancel
- Tap Cancel deposit or Cancel auto-deposit and confirm
- Sign into the Cash app on your mobile device
- Tap your Wallet balance in the left-hand corner of your screen
- Choose a pending deposit to view it’s details
- Select Cancel deposit if you wish to cancel your pending deposit
Stocks, ETFs & Crypto
- Log into my.wealthsimple.com and sign in to your Stocks, ETFs & Crypto profile
- Select the Activity from the top menu bar
- Under Filters on the left-hand side select Deposit
- Choose a deposit to view the details
- Tap Cancel this deposit and then Yes to confirm cancel
Managed Investment & Save
- Head to my.wealthsimple.com and sign in to your Managed Investment & Save account
- Navigate to the Activity page
- Click the underlined Cancel on the right-hand side of the deposit(s) you wish to cancel
I don't see an option to cancel my deposit, what do I do?
You have a couple of options:
- Five business days after your deposit arrives in your Wealthsimple account, you can withdraw the funds and send them back to your bank account. This can take anywhere from 2-7 days to complete, depending on your account type.
- You can contact your bank to request a stop payment if you have not traded your funds and you do not yet see your deposit request on the transaction history in your bank account. If you request a stop payment after trading with the funds, a payment may be due if you have any losses. If this is the case, some of your existing assets may be sold off to cover the balance due or you may need to initiate a new deposit to cover it.
If you need to cancel a deposit into an RRSP or TFSA and your institution cannot reverse it, please contact us directly so that we can look into it further for you.