Wealthsimple can accept contributions to an RESP from a third party. A contribution from a third party is defined as occasional gifts or aid from family friends, god-parents, grandparents, relatives, neighbour's, non-profit organizations, etc. in a beneficiary’s name.
If you wish to contribute to a beneficiary’s Wealthsimple RESP account, please fill out the form below:
RESP Third-Party Contribution Form
Once complete, the contributor can make a cheque payable (and recurring payments) to our back office Wealthsimple Investments Inc., with the beneficiary's name and account number as a note. We can only accept cheques for this type of contribution.
- Log into my.wealthsimple.com and sign in to your Invest & Save profile
- Click on your name in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Choose My documents from the drop-down menu
- Click Account on the left-hand side and find your RESP
- You will see your account number below the account name
Please note, physical cheques cannot be accepted for deposits into accounts offered by Wealthsimple Payments Inc. this includes Wealthsimple Cash accounts.
Please mail your contribution cheque(s) to:
Wealthsimple Investments Inc.
201- 80 Spadina Ave
Toronto, ON M5V 2J4
Payee: Wealthsimple Investments Inc.
Please sign in to leave a comment.