Institutions typically charge a $50 – $150 administrative fee to transfer your account. We will reimburse this fee when you transfer your account to Wealthsimple if your transfer is greater than $5,000 in value.
- Wealthsimple will only reimburse the administrative transfer fee on an institutional transfer. Wealthsimple does not reimburse Deferred Sales Charges (DSC fees), Low Load Fees (LL fees), trading fees, commission fees, or account closure fees.
- Partial transfers from the same account will only be reimbursed once.
- If you are requesting multiple fee reimbursements, please fill out the form below for each individual transfer.
- The reimbursement will show up in the cash balance of your account and will appear as a ‘refund’ in your account activity. This reimbursement does not count as a contribution within registered accounts such as a TFSA or RRSP.
- To be eligible for reimbursement, accounts must remain funded for 90 days after transferring in.
Once you have received an email that your transfer is complete, you may submit a transfer fee reimbursement.
- If your fee was charged in CAD, please fill out this short form to request a transfer fee reimbursement. Eligible reimbursements are processed in 1-2 business days
- If your fee was charged in USD, please reach out to our support team with the exact amount that you were charged in USD. Eligible reimbursements are processed in 5-7 business days.