Once your tax return has been filed, you need to wait until it’s been assessed by the CRA to make any changes. Most returns are assessed within seven days of filing.
If you use CRA My Account, you can see if your return has been assessed at the top of the Overview page. Otherwise, you’ll need to wait for your Notice of Assessment to arrive in the mail.
ReFILE is available for 2018 and later tax years.
Make the necessary changes to your return in Wealthsimple Tax. Check & Optimize your return and clear any errors.
In the Submit section click the ReFILE button to review your changes and submit your amended return.
If your return goes through successfully, you’ll see a new confirmation number, and message from the CRA.
Information about the most common ReFILE errors:
- TUD00010 or 602: The CRA will not accept these changes through the ReFILE system. If you have CRA My Account, we recommend that you try changing your return using My Account before completing and mailing a T1 Adjustment Request.
- TUD00013 or 603: This usually means that your return hasn’t been assessed yet. If no other items in the ReFILE exclusion list apply to you, try again in a few days.
Using CRA My Account
If you aren’t able to ReFILE, we recommend changing your return online using CRA My Account.
- Log in to CRA My Account and click the blue Change my return button in the Tax Returns section.
- Select the year you want to change.
- Use the search box to find the line numbers that have changed on your return.
- Enter any amounts that have changed (several fields won’t accept decimal places, only enter decimals if the field you are changing shows decimals in CRA My Account).
- Make all changes you need before clicking Review and Submit Changes, the CRA will save your changes as you go (even though there is no Save button).
- When you’re ready to confirm and submit the changes, the CRA may display errors or warnings. Errors stop you from making a change until you provide additional information; warnings give you the opportunity to add additional information (if you’ve made all the changes from the Show Differences table, the warnings probably won’t apply).
- After you submit your changes, you may have an amount owing. If so, you’ll need to make a payment to the CRA.
- You can confirm your changes and payment by checking CRA My Account.
On paper (T1 Adjustment Request)
Transcribe the changes from the Show differences box onto the T1 Adjustment Request.
Mail the T1 Adjustment Request and any supporting slips or documents described on the form to your tax center (find the address on page 2).