Institutional transfers should ideally be set up with the receiving institution (Wealthsimple). This allows us to communicate with the other institution and have visibility into the transferred assets. You can set up an investment account transfer by following these instructions.
Sometimes setting up the transfer on our platform is not possible (for example if your shares are at Computershare, Solium/Shareworks, or another transfer agency and you cannot get a DRS statement). In these cases, you will need to provide the other agency (relinquishing institution) with some information.
Here is the information that you will need to set up the share transfer with your institution:
Brokerage Name: Wealthsimple Investments Inc.
Address: 201 - 80 Spadina Ave, Toronto, ON M5V 2J4, Canada
Brokerage Phone number: 647-535-3404
Contact name: Wealthsimple
Clearing or Broker Code: CSIT
Clearing Code Type: CUID
Dealer Number: 7829
Rep Code: HX1
Account number: You can find your account number for your stock trading accounts by following these steps:
- Sign in to the Wealthsimple app on your mobile device
- Tap the Profile icon at the bottom of the screen
- Select the Accounts menu item
- Select your desired account
- Self-directed Wealthsimple account numbers start with H and end with either CAD or USD
- Head to my.wealthsimple.com and sign into your Stocks, ETFs & Crypto account
- Click your name at the top of the screen
- Click My documents from the drop-down menu
- On the left-hand side, click Account
- Here you will see all of your accounts and their account numbers
Some considerations for transferring shares from a non-registered account to a TFSA/RRSP:
If you’re transferring shares from a Personal (non-registered) account to an RRSP or TFSA at Wealthsimple, please make sure you have an open Personal (non-registered) account at Wealthsimple so that we can accept the transfer. You can open a non-registered account by following these instructions.
Once we receive the shares in the Personal account, we can then add them to your TFSA/RRSP as a contribution. To do this, please reach out to our support team. We can only move shares in-kind from a non-registered account to a TFSA or RRSP right after the transfer is complete.
If you want to hold onto your shares as they are, you need to transfer them into a self-directed stock trading account (account numbers start with H). If you transfer them into a managed account (account numbers start with W), we'll sell them when they arrive and invest them in our managed portfolios.